I've wavered on my loyalty to peanut butter. When I was younger, I liked it then I didn't like it then I liked it again. But as I have gotten older, I have loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches with honey.
A few weeks ago I saw a recipe in a magazine that highlighted a grilled PB and B (Peanut Butter and Banana) sandwich with honey. (My mom has advocated PB and J before). But why stop there? I have taken PB and changed it to AB (Almond Butter). The skillet has been swapped for a panini press. Thus, we have a delicious AB and B Panini. The best part is the crispy, crunchy shell of the bread (I lightly butter the outside before putting it on). I'm still working on getting the right ratio of butter to banana to honey. I think I need more honey and perhaps a touch of cinnamon.
(The fixings; I used raw almond butter this time and it's not as runny as roasted)
(The finished product; pressed to perfection!)
--HM
No comments:
Post a Comment